The water accounting program is a database desktop application designed to help irrigation, ditch, and reservoir companies manage and automate their operation and reporting activities. The application allows irrigation companies to manage water orders, keep track of water usage, issue work orders for ditch riders, and generate a variety of useful water accounting and other reports.
- Manage water orders for irrigation.
- Manage water rentals.
- Generate daily work orders for ditch riders.
- Map viewer of ditch and headgate status.
- Create end-of-season summary reports.
- Multi-user database (SQL Server Express)
- Support for mid-season shares transactions
- Support for multiple water types (e.g., early water, agricultural, and multiple use)
- Allows mid-season change in appropriation
- Reports water usage summarized by account, location, (Ditch, headgate), and time period (current, seasonal)
- Supports water rental by volume, water type, or number of shares
- Shows water usage trends through multi-year water usage reports
- Has a backup feature for off-site data backup
- Uses water types in priority order
- Allows for 'use it or lose it' appropriation where early water can be used outside the seasonal allocation up to a cutoff date
- Fits the needs of different irrigation companies – flexible, customizable, and adaptable